Engaging Your Supporters in Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
What is a P2P Fundraiser?
A P2P fundraiser is a supporter who rallies around your cause to fundraise on your behalf. These supporters create their own fundraising page as a spin-off of your main #iGiveCatholic profile. Your fundraisers will share that page with their network to expand the reach of your organization and bring in new donors. These individuals are passionate about the work you do, and use their voice to make a difference!
What are the benefits of P2P Fundraisers?
- Expand the reach of your organization to a new network. Your P2P fundraisers will be calling on their personal network to help raise money for your #iGiveCatholic campaign, exposing your organization to new donors.
- Increase the average number of donations. By recruiting P2P fundraisers, your #iGiveCatholic profile will benefit from increased marketing efforts. Not only will your #iGiveCatholic team be marketing your profile, but your fundraisers will as well. Your #iGiveCatholic profile will be exposed to a larger network when promoted by multiple sources, resulting in an increased number of donors.
- Engage with your top supporters. Engaging your top supporters is important to keep them involved with your work and your organization. Let those supporters know how important their passion is to your mission by recruiting them as champions of your cause!
- Utilizing the power of P2P fundraising is easy! Check out our free tools and templates and share them with your fundraisers to ensure their success.
Who are Your Potential Fundraisers?
How Does it Work?
Step 1: Head to your #iGiveCatholic Dashboard through your GiveGab Account
From www.givegab.com click "You" in the top right corner of your page and select "Admin Dashboard" from the dropdown menu for the cause area you'd like to access. Click on the "Edit Profile" button from the Giving Day banner highlighted in the video below.
Step 2: Add Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to your #iGiveCatholic Dashboard
From your Giving Day Dashboard, expand the sixth tab that says "Add Fundraisers" to recruit P2P Fundraisers for your cause. Click the "Add Fundraisers" button to start inviting them.
You can invite multiple people at once by clicking the "+ New Fundraiser" button. Once you've added all of your fundraisers, click the "Next" button.
Step 3: Customize & Send Your Invitation
After clicking the "Next" button you'll be able to compose a custom message that your fundraisers will receive in their invitation email. You can customize the email subject and message before sending it off to your supporters. Once your message is ready to send click the "Send" button.
After clicking the "Send" button you'll be able to view and manage your fundraisers from the "Add Fundraisers" tab of your Giving Day Dashboard.
Step 4: Share the #iGiveCatholic Fundraiser Guide with your P2P Fundraisers
This page allows your P2P fundraisers to learn about all the features they can utilize when creating their fundraiser. Within this Fundraiser Guide, they have access to communication templates, P2P strategies, and a customized downloadable P2P Fundraising Playbook!
When you press "send", the supporter will receive an email with your message along with a link their Fundraising Toolkit where they can manage and customize their page.
Your supporters can also start fundraising without being recruited by clicking the “Fundraise” button on your #iGiveCatholic profile. Those fundraisers will be directed to their Fundraising Toolkit where they can start customizing their page and reaching out to their network immediately!
- Broaden Your Organization's Reach with Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
- Attract Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers with an Eye Catching Campaign or Event
- What is Peer-to-Peer Fundraising?
- Best Practices for Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
- Peer to Peer Fundraising: Where to Begin
- How to Recruit Fundraising Champions or Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers
- How P2P Fundraising on GiveGab can Help Grow Your Donor Base